A & D Tools is a tool and die company that specializes in pipe and tube notch tooling. We are proud to introduce our patented (# US 7,114,423 B2) Pipe and Tube Notcher “SERIES PN” & “SERIES TN”.
Our mission is to provide quality products and promote long standing customer relationships. We take pride in our attention to detail of our products and our customer service.
A & D Tools’ manufacturing techniques have sparked the development of the most cost-effective notching tools in the industry. These techniques combined with experience ensure consistent, quality products for all of our customers.
How is Our Notcher Different?
1. Patented reversible cutting edges on punch.
2. Reversible cutting edges on die section.
3. Self alignment system of punch & die section.
4. Quality tool steel & precision machined.
What is Notching?
Notching is an accurate and economical way for the quick end preparation of pipe or tubing. By notching the end of a pipe/tube, you can easily radius-fit a pipe/tube to the outside diameter of another pipe/tube at 90 degrees. Notches are virtually distortion-free and ready for welding, brazing, or silver soldering.
Ideal Industries for Notching
- All steel frame manufacturing industries
GIVE US A CALL
Contact us about any questions you may have, pricing, to request a catalog, or to discuss special orders.
We will be happy to assist you.
1 (530) 515-1129
HP1 Handpress is a 8 ton manual press that can be mounted on a truck, trailer or any other surface that is suitable for use in the feild. The HP1 is capable of operating tooling up to 2" schedule 40 pipe. All HS1 standard tooling is designed to fit into the HP1 Handpress. Approximate weight is 40 pounds.
Housing Series HS1 & HS2
- HS1 - Overall open height with tooling mounted is 4 1/2" with 3/4" maximum travel.
- HS2 - Overall open height with tooling mounted is 5 3/4" with 7/8" maximum travel.
- Housing is designed to be clamped down on the table of the power source.
- Housing base plates can be made to fit most all press makes & models if needed (specify press make and model at time of order.
- At least one housing is required for operation of tooling.
A & D Tools’ tooling works in A&D Tools’ Housing ONLY!
Housing Series HS2 is required for tooling for pipe or tubing larger than 2".
A & D Tools’ Notchers are spring-loaded punch and die assemblies contained in a housing and notch from the inside out with two hits required
- Slip pipe or tube over punch and push up to punch holder. Pipe or tubing will be supported accurately by the contoured saddle of the die section.
- Cycle the press.
- Rotate pipe or tube 180 degrees and line up the corners of the first
notch with the lines provided on punch holder.
- Cycle the press again. No extra finishing required.
Pipe Notcher to fit equal size OD at 90 degrees.
Pipe Notcher to fit a larger size OD at 90 degrees (specify size of pipe to be notched and OD to be fit at time of order).
Tube Notcher to fit equal size OD at 90 degrees.
Tube Notcher to fit larger size OD at 90 degrees (specify size of tube to be notched and OD to be fit at time of order).
All of these series of notchers come standard with reversible punch up to 3” & reversible Die Section for HS1 size tooling only. Our standard tool steel used is D2 for the Punches & A2 for the Die Sections. Special tool steels are available on request or if required.
Our SERIES SQTR is for notching square tubing to radius-fit round tubing at 90˚. Our SQTR notchers are made to fit multiple sizes of tubing and wall thicknesses up to .125 wall maximum. Features reversible punches and reorderable parts.STANDARD SQTR NOTCHERS
Our SERIES SQVN is for notching square tubing to fit against a square face at a 45˚ orientation. Features reversible punches and reorderable parts.STANDARD SQVN NOTCHERS